Effective date: May 24, 2018
Pointview Estates Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the http://www.pointviewestates.co.uk/ website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Service is the http://www.pointviewestates.co.uk/ website operated by Pointview Estates Ltd
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by contacting us.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Pointview Estates Ltd uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Pointview Estates Ltd may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Pointview Estates Ltd will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United Kingdom and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Pointview Estates Ltd may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Pointview Estates Ltd may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Pointview Estates Ltd
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Pointview Estates Ltd aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Pointview Estates Ltd relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: email@example.com
At Pointview Estates we are committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy notice sets out our privacy practices and explains how we collect, process, hold and store client data and with whom we share this information with.
The information we handle is only that which is required by us so that we may deliver the services you require. Except as provided in this Privacy Notice, we do not supply your client data to any third party unless you have expressly authorized us to do so and we do not share your details with any other company for marketing purposes.
Our Privacy Notice will be reviewed on a regular basis and may be updated from time to time. We will notify you via email when this happens and provide you with a copy of the most recent and up-to-date Privacy Notice.
How We Collect Your Client Data – The following outlines the processes we employ to collect information:
- Contact us – We may record, use and store any data provided by telephone, by post, by hard copy documentation, by e-mail or other electronic communication provided by you. This is to ensure that we can refer to any data you have provided to us and to ensure the information we hold is accurate
- From Landlords or Agents – When receiving new instructions, any data held by the landlord or former managing agents will be transferred to us. We may record, use and store any of this information
Why Do We Collect Client Data – The personal information we collect is used to:
- Enable us to obtain relevant references to verify your suitability for the property
- Enable us to provide you with a tenancy
- Enable us to instruct relevant contractors as necessary
- Enable us to fulfill contractual obligations as part of the tenancy agreement
- Ensure we comply with lawful obligations
Disclosing Client Data to Third Parties:
- We will not sell, share or rent any data held on you to any third party for marketing purposes;
- We may, at our discretion, disclose client data that is required by the police or emergency services;
- We may disclose specific personal information where we are required to by law;
- We may disclose your name, property address, telephone number and e-mail address to the following:
- Employees of Pointview Estates
- Joint tenants and guarantors
- Internal and external contractors
- Fixture and furniture suppliers
- Utility companies
- Inventory companies
- Mortgage companies
- Landlords and their accountants, solicitors and employees
- Property Management Agencies appointed by Pointview Estates or the landlord
- Relevant Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- Insurance brokers
- Local Authority including Council Tax department
- County Court and Legal Professionals
- Credit referencing agencies
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Companies you ask us to share your data with such as future landlords or referencing companies
Viewing, Changing or Removing Client Data:
- You may view all the Client Data that we hold about you. This information is supplied free of charge. We can charge a reasonable fee when a request is manifestly unfounded, excessive, repetitive or if the information has already been supplied. We must supply information without delay and in any event within one month. This can be extended by up to two months if the request is considered complex, numerous or repetitive. We must verify the identity of the person making the request before releasing the data;
You may correct or update your Client Data;
- You may withdraw your consent (partial or complete) at any time. Except where contractually or lawfully obligated, we will remove any consent previously provided;
- You may request that all Client Data held be removed or transferred. Except where contractually or lawfully obligated, all data held will be removed or transferred as requested
How We Store Client Data
- Your data will be stored securely in line with industry best practices at all times
- Your data will be stored only on servers in a GDPR compliant location
- Hard copies of data will be stored in lockable filing cabinets
How Long We Store Your Client Data
- Your data will be kept as long as you are a client;
- After you stop being a client, we may keep data for up to 8 years for one or more of the following reasons:
- In accordance with lawful obligations
- To respond to queries or complaints
- In the event of legal action
How We Dispose of Client Data:
- Electronic data is deleted from computers, servers and any back up system in place
- Hard copy data is shredded and disposed of